1. Personal Information. Users have complete control over their personal information. In general, a user can visit the Strand web site without providing any personal information. However, there are instances where Strand must obtain personal user information in order to grant access to our protected and secured sites. This information may include registration data (user name, address, email address, phone number, title, etc.), information request data, and response data ("User Information"). When users receive confirmation email or when they receive any email from the Strand list server, user will be provided with instruction on how to remove user name from the Strand list.
2. Use of User Information. Strand intends to use such information for purposes of supporting user and their employers' (if any) relationship with Strand by designing web site content that is suitable for user needs and to alert user to new product/service offerings as they become available. This User Information may be retained by Strand to verify compliance with the agreement between Strand and user's employer, to keep track of domains from which people visit, to create a user profile in order to better serve user and user's employer, or to simply contact user electronically or through other methods. If user decides that Strand should not exploit personal User Information for contact, it is the user's responsibility to inform Strand, and the company will cease to use that information for such purposes. Please do not submit User Information to Strand if you are under 18 years of age.
4. Accuracy and Security. The accuracy and security of User Information is important to Strand. User may review and request updates to their User Information as retained by Strand. If user contacts Strand to correct their User Information, Strand will attempt to correct inaccuracies in a timely manner. Strand is concerned with the security of User Information and is committed to taking reasonable steps to protect it from unauthorized access and use. Strand has put appropriate physical, electronic and managerial policies and procedures in place to secure personal User Information. The Company continues to implement procedures to maintain accurate, complete and current User Information.
6. Cookies. Strand may use "cookies". A cookie is a small data file that a web site can transfer to a visitor's hard drive to keep records of the visits to such site. A cookie contains information such as username and password that assist Strand in recognizing pages viewers visit to enhance future visits. The personal information a cookie can contain is the information that the user provides. A cookie cannot read data from a viewer's hard drive or read cookie files created by other sites. Information stored in cookies may be encrypted, however, Strand does not store credit card numbers in cookies. If the user prefers not to accept a cookie, they can set their web browser (Microsoft Internet Explorer, Netscape Navigator, Mozilla, etc.) to warn them prior to accepting cookies, or users have the option to refuse all cookies by turning them off in their web browser. Access to Strand' secured web site(s)/web page(s) requires the use of per-session cookies in Microsoft Internet Explorer in which user must enable only the cookies forwarded back to the originating server. Users can still access most of the features on the Strand web site without accepting a cookie.
7. External Links. The Strand web site may provide links to other third party web sites. Strand is not responsible for the privacy policies, or practices, or the contents contained in the links of its third-party affiliates. These links are provided for user convenience only and are accessed at user risk.
8. General. For questions regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.